Building a course using the Course template is more appropriate for those who have a defined structure and content ready to be uploaded.
For those who seek to build a course in an experimental or collaborative way we recommend using the Topic Guide template to do this.
That said, you'll need to plan your course structure and collect your resources first.
Then, follow these steps:
CREATE A COURSE SPACE
- Click Create New Space on the menu on the left;
2. Give your Course a cool name and fill the description (not mandatory);
3. Select the Course Page Style;
4. Set up who can see this Course and click Save.
SET UP SECTIONS
1. Add the Sections you'll need for your Course (options > edit content > create section):
2. Save and repeat for all sections needed.
ADD YOUR CONTENT
1. Click the Add content button (+):
2. Select your content type;
3. Load your content;
4. Add the content title and fill the insight field;
5. Select the Space where you want to place it (in this case your Course);
6. Click the Add button;
7. Repeat for all your content.
ORGANIZE YOUR CONTENTS
All the content you add will be on the Extra Content "Section". This is where the contents that aren't in any Section go. Now you need to order your contents and put them in their appropriate Sections.
1. Access your Course
2. Go to the options (options > edit content)
3. Drag and drop your contents in the right place:
4. When you finish this reload the page to see the result.
Here you can order your sections too.
You also can add questions to your Contents. Click here to see how to do that.
- You can add multiple questions to a single content.
- You can add multiple choice or discursive questions to your content.
Your course is ready for the first students. So spread the word. Invite your colleagues to join the Course you created and check the results in the Analytics area.