Teams and permissions
If you are reading this, it must mean that all your contents have already been added to your Skore workspace, is that correct?
If you don't know exactly why you are here and need some help to start, check out this article, it can be helpful.
In this article, we will talk about:
- What are teams and how to create them;
- Directing contents to users using teams;
- Including specific users in teams (or changing their teams);
- Including many users in teams (or changing their teams).
What are teams and how to create them
The concept of teams was created to define the audience of contents within a space in Skore.
Usually, we use teams with two purposes:
- Setting a user with a profile;
- Directing contents of the same topic to a specific audience.
Skore teams and content permissions have everything to do with each other. A public space is accessible for all the company users, regardless of their teams. However, the contents of a private space are only visible to the teams that are allowed to that space.
Note that it only makes sense to create a team after all the contents have already been included in the workspace.
The first step to create teams is going to the Admin area. Once you're there, go to Settings. On this page, we can make a lot of changes in the platform.
For team management, click on Teams:
You'll see this page:
To create a new team:
- Click on new team on the right side;
- Add the name of the new team and select the spaces that should be released to this team;
- Click Save to confirm.
See the image below for a better understanding:
To delete a team, just click on delete, on the right side.
By the way, it is also possible to create teams via the uploading of a CSV file. To know more, click here.
Directing contents to users using teams
If you have contents that should only be seen by a group of users, you need to set the corresponding permissions for this space.
To do that, it's necessary to follow a few steps:
- You need to have a space with the content that you want to allow for this group of users;
- Click on Options > permissions;
In the permissions window, there are three options from which to choose: public space - every user in the platform can access this space; private space - only users of the allowed teams can access this space's contents; hidden space - a hidden space will not be listed in the sidebar but its contents can be made available in a mission, for example. A space may be hidden and public or hidden and private.
- If the space is private, click on Private Space and choose the teams that can access that space;
- After that, click on Save. All set! Your space is correctly permissioned.
Including specific users in teams (or changing their teams)
We have two options for changing an user's teams:
- Editing the user manually;
- Editing many users at the same time using a CSV file.
Let's get into the details.
When you need to edit one or only a few users, the best option is the first one. Go to Settings > Users:
On this page you can edit each user, choosing their teams:
Including many users in teams (or changing their teams)
If you need to update several users it is recommended to use the CSV file.
If you don't know how to make and upload a CSV file, read this article.
You can also invite a user directly included in the desired teams. To do that, you only need to send out an invitation (this article may help you).
There you go! Now you're all set to create teams and setting permissions for your contents.
If you have any doubts, send us a message at email@example.com.